Why wait until November!

Hello all!
I have seen so many people  post things on facebook or other social media sites in November about all the things they are thankful for.  Well, I am not waiting until November, I am just going to proclaim that this month has been awesome so far, and I am overwhelmed with Thankfulness!

First of all, I am fortunate to have a career that allows me to take personal days.  That in itself is awesome when you need to get bloodwork done, and your daughter's cast needs to come off.  Recently I was able to do that and for the rest of my day, I baked!  I have had a sourdough starter for about 2 years now, and made all kinds of cinnamon pumpkin spice rolls.  I sold them at an event, and because I bake for fun, I donated all of my profits to Lakestate Industries. 

Second, I am so thankful for all of the support people that my son and daughter have at their school.  My son has been struggling with reading, and he got a lot of support last year, and is getting more this year.  As I have been a special ed teacher for 17 years, I have seen parents who are fighting for their students in every way possible to ensure they are getting the education they deserve.  Now I am on the other end, and it feels kind of weird, but also comforting to know that so many people are available to help.

Third, I have an amazing group of students this year.  I have had many great people in my classroom over the years, and have been able to watch them grow.  My classes are going very well, and my students are so caring.  I enjoy coming to school and seeing them and how they are learning, and just truly being awesome.  If you are one of the parents of my students, thank you for doing such a great job raising them!

Finally, I was contacted by a man who does a yearly donation to a teacher in the Upper Peninsula for school supplies.  I feel so fortunate to be the recipient of this gift.  He ordered me things that I can use in the greenhouse to teach the kids about plants, as well as items we will use to build underwater remotely operated vehicles.  The group of students that I have this year are going to benefit from this in so many ways. 

I challenge everyone to be thankful a little earlier this year! 

On a final note, this week is a 4 day week (professional development on Friday), so it will go quick, but to all my students, study hard, and learn lots!

Comments

Popular Posts