Let's talk transitions...

Well, it seems in my career I have had some interesting transitions.  For some, they come at times in my life when it makes sense (opportunities to move closer to family, marriage,  etc...). Some come at times that that just seem meant to be. This year, I am making a transition that will affect my students and my family.  This is a job transition but when it comes in the middle of the year, it is so important to be able to reassure my students that I am not abandoning them, but taking an opportunity to try something new to better myself.  My students were very understanding today and I hope that what I choose to do influences their future for the best. 

It is so important in my philosophy to not only take care of a student in the aspect of introducing new knowledge, but in the aspect of learning to make life decisions.  So many of the students that are in my care struggle to have stable people in their lives.  They reach out to people that are toxic because those people do not leave (without a fight).  When they have a person transition out of their lives that they look up to, and they know cares about them, it can be difficult.  There are so many things I want to see my students accomplish, but I also know that those students I am leaving have gotten the best pieces of me that I had to offer at the time.  Hopefully they felt cherished, learned something new, have a big world perspective, and can put others first. 

I look forward to new hues in my life that will help me continue to paint my picture.  The journey has just begun, and there are more kids to empower and futures to change! 

Comments

Popular Posts